Developers culture in SRE company
SRE stands for Site Reliability Engineering
- Flexible working hours
- Their culture is based on learning and participation
- There are no bureaucratic approvals or historic leftovers
- They like to have fun.
- They never say “this is not my job”
- They never start new feature if a bug is not fixed
- They are accountable, responsible
- They believe that the root cause of incidents is primarily the lack of Code Review before merging code into the master.
- They establish conventions (code linting, branching models ) before starting.
- They try to automate the validation of these conventions by translating them to quality gates in the CI/CD pipelines.
- Everyone tries to not be a single point of failure by following conventions and setting up CI/CD from day zero for any new codebase.
- They love containers
- They build container images from the least sized image like alpine or slim
- They play ping-pong 😁